Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

One of my favorite blogs is written by Karen in Novato, CA: Makeup and Beauty Blog.  She has a terrific sense of humor and I love her creative reviews/posts on products (as well as the luscious food pics).

This past week, she has been posting awesome Halloween costume ideas and one in particular stood-out!

CRAZY CAT LADY!!!!!!!

I took her idea and am wearing it as we speak (yes, at work):

Here is the full "look"


For those of you that know me, this costume is somewhat ironic since I DO NOT LIKE CATS!  I am a dog-person, and am very allergic to cats.  Even the kiddos were questioning my choice as I was pinning their beloved "stuffies" to my robe.  I am not a fan of the felines.  I stopped at 3 since #4 would have been baby Simba from the Lion King and I refused to spend more than $10 on the costume.

My thinking on it is this: when else will I ever have the chance to wear pajamas/slippers to work?  I have never been in the office during Halloween (usually traveling for work), so I decided to just go for it.  There is a costume contest at noon, and am hoping there will be some great prizes!  Also I won't have to change into anything later tonight when I am handing out candy/taking the kids out.

Even the nails (love the Dollar Store - G & H are probably laughing at that!) are in theme:


Hope all of you have a great day and spooky evening!  Trick or treat!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you P! The dollar store? Oh my...I am wiping a tear from my eye!
    XOXO -G

    ReplyDelete