Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall 2012 Beauty Trends & Faves

I am not sure if I will do monthly faves, probably only when I am feeling especially inspired.  For now, let's take it big-picture style and do season trends and faves.

For the start of the chilly season, there are so many trends out there it can be difficult to decide which to embrace.  I have essentially decided to focus on 2 this season: deep lips and smoky brown eyes (but not at the same time).

Smoke in my eyes and daring lips!


It all begins with prepping this dry face of mine.  Night time is for oils, specifically Josie Maran Argan Oil.  Directions say to use 1-2 drops, but I need at least 4 to do face and neck.  Pitter, patter around for a bit and then off to bed.  And by pitter/patter, I mean try to get my kids outta my room and into their beds!  They love to do headstands, cartwheels and "exercises" in my room right before bed.  Too bad Mommy has NO desire to exercise......................

To start my morning face, I love Origins Vita-Zing and I have maybe 20% left.  There is a very very slight tint to it, but absolutely no coverage.  It is just getting chilly/dry enough for me to start needing more moisture in the morning.  I am trying to use it all up before moving on to Embryolisse (always wanted to try from Pixiwoo videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo?feature=g-u-u) - thank you Birchbox Points!  Then the CoverFx Serum Primer - love this!  Adds moisture, treatment, and extends the life of my make-up - the perfect trifecta!

For lips, I am loving the Revlon Balm Stains in Crush and Romantic especially for night.  In my wild nights at home with the Hub and 2 Kiddos (Friday Night Pizza and Movie nights anyone????), I really like the smooth consistency and the ability to re-apply without it building up in chunky bits.  I do add some Smith's Balm underneath to keep it all smoooooooth.  For day, I use more sheer tones of red and berry such as Burberry Lip Mist in Blueberry and Korres lipsticks.  At night, I do not turn out the lights until I have put on my Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector or Korres lip butter.

Swatches from top: Smiths Rose Salve, Korres Lipstick, Revlon Romantic, Mally gloss, and Clarins
For brown smoky eyes, I typically use the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Mahogany as a base with various shades from the LORAC Pro Palette.  Burberry also make some terribly beautiful shades such as Midnight Brown and Rosewood. 

Though the trend shows/fashion experts may say different, I just cannot wear both of these trends together - it just seems too too too much! For lips with a smoky brown eye, I usually pair a soft pink lip using my Mally gloss or Chanel Rouge Coco Shines.  Love this look!


Swatches from top: Color Tattoo in Mahogany, Mally eyestick in Plum, NYX shadow pencil, and Milani brown liner

LORAC Pro Palette: some fave shades/swatches (shimmer and matte!)
This post is prompting a few more FOTDs using these products and looks.  For pics though, I think I may have to bump it up so I do not look completely washed out!  Also thinking I may do some collection videos, especially my Chanel quads and Coco Shines, and Burberry shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment