- Resolve start date: Sunday, November 4th 2012. I am doing the makeup for a friend's wedding on Saturday, November 3rd and while I think my kit is complete, I need to leave an out for her day. She has been waiting on this day for a while and I certainly am not going to ruin it by missing something! I am doing the bride, her attendants, mother and sis-in-law (8 total).
- Purge expired, "not my color", sentimental, pimple-prompting crap from my stash. Trash, recycle, give away, swap, whatever it takes
- Take inventory of resultant stash (all categories) so I can share the extent of my addiction with you my kind, understanding readers.
- As of 11/4/12, I cannot buy ANY new beauty & skincare items until my entire stash for that category is gone. Caveat - I can replace/purchase if I am down to <5 days worth of current product left and have NO replacement!
- Resolve end date: Monday, November 4th, 2013. Yes, you read that right. Though I realize that this will be a daily challenge, I need an end date. I need an out. I need something to look forward to. And honestly, I will probably still have stuff left (damn eyeshadow palettes and lip stuff).
- During the Ulta and Sephora Friends & Family events, I can make a purchase, but only once (not in-store and online - I must pick one). I must limit myself to only 3 items per store per event. For those of you familiar with these stores and events, you know that I am challenging myself. Some people create their Wishlist for these times many months in advance (and yes, I am one of them).
- Ditto for the Nieman Marcus and Nordstom Anniversary/Trend Show events. Only 3 items/store/event.
- Emergency skincare need. I live in the Midwest and winters can be brutal (February 2011 record-setting blizzard), and those of us with winter dry skin have needs! If my Josie Maran Argan Oil is gone before Spring, I am giving in and buyin' it! Ditto for sunscreen in spring/summer!