So on to Empties! As you will see there are quite a few hair/body items that have been used up. Now I will confess that in some cases, it was a family effort to finish these up. I do have a few shower products that I keep hidden when not in use and take them into the shower with me, then hide when I am done. The primary reason for this is $$$$. Love Hub and Kids, but the fact of the matter is that some of those "secret" items are pricey (Exfolikate by Kate Somerville) and/or hard to get (Haus of Gloi body scrubs and butters) so I want to keep grubby little hands off so they do not go to waste and down the drain. Hub does not care as long as there is some version of shampoo, conditioner, face scrub, and body wash.
Regarding my BUY/NO BUY label, will only label if I feel STRONGLY one way or the other. If there is not a label, it means that I may repurchase if it was on sale, and would not be opposed to trying it again. Kinda wishy/washy, take it or leave it!
I have divided them up by body part/usage to make it a bit more organized (messed up a couple hair products in the pics, but you will get the gist). I also need to break this up into 2 parts since there is a Label limit. So on to hair and body. Make-up/face stuff will follow.
|Looks like alot - right? It is to me!|
2. Bain de Terre Lemongrass Volumizing Shampoo - cleaned my hair, great smell. Was OK.
3. Global Keratin Juvexin Shampoo and Conditioner - received this via Glossybox and it made my scalp itch. It could be the cold weather that we are having, but it was noticable enough that I have to rate this as a NO BUY.
4. Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo - in general, I like all Fekkai products, so would BUY.
5. Fekkai PrX Intensive Fortifying Mask (sample) - ditto see above, but I have to confess that I do not see a big difference between a "hair mask" and regular conditioner - I am such a heathen!
6. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment - I like hair oils in general. Since I have fine hair (just alot of it), I need to be careful that I only apply to the lower 1/2 of my hair, or it will be grease-city. I think this stuff is pretty expensive, and I have a few others that I am trying out so will not be rushing out to re-purchase any time soon.
7. Aveda Pure Abundance Style-Prep - This is a spray that you apply to roots to give it volume. Saw an immediate difference that did not last all day. Too expensive for it not to last - NO BUY
8. Biosilk Silk Therapy - really smoothes out the hair, just need to be careful on amount used and placement. Again, have a few similar products that I want to use up before I purchase.
9. Clairol Natural Instincts Color Treat (step 3 in hair dye process) - this came from my box of home hair dye - yes, I dye my roots every 3-4 weeks. I started going gray at 18, and need my monthly fix or I look like a Pepe lePew's girlfriend. I pretty much buy whichever permanent dark brown dye is on sale, and sometimes buy in bulk if on clearance. Sooooo sad..........
BODY: I love body stuff. Scrubs, exfioliators, oils, lotions, buffers, etc. I have VERY dry skin, and tend to get scaly especially in winter. I also like taking baths, but the tub in our house is so small, that it is just not comfortable. So it is a bit surprising that I do not have that many empties, but I have 5-7 open containers right now. I will try to use them up before trying the next new thing.
2. Philosophy Pure Grace Foaming Bath and Shower Cream - great suds, a little goes a long way. This scent was a little too flowery for me. I prefer clean, fruity scents for body washes. May buy a couple other scents.
3. Philosophy Hands of Hope Cream - really like this hand cream, not a feminine scent so Hub likes it too. Have bought back-ups already, BUY
4. L'Occitane Hand Cream (sample) - have bought this in the past and may buy this when my Philosophy is used up. It is a little richer, and leaves more of an emollient feeling on hands. Can see using this more for night, or if I will be outside for long periods of time. BUY
5. Memoire Liquide Creme de la Creme in Amour Liquide - I got this in a QVC Beauty Test Tube and I liked how it applied and absorbed into my skin. However, the scent is too sweet for me (creme brulee?). I ended up using the last of it on my feet after the shower. NO BUY
6. Ulta 3-in-1 Shower Smoothie - I mainly buy these for the kids since they love the smell. They clean the kids, but the bubbles die out pretty quickly. My son also has VERY dry skin so I need to make sure he gets some lotion on after using this. Would only buy again when on super sale.
Stay tuned for Part 2!